Pages

Sunday, February 17, 2013

The New is Here!




I'm entering a new swing of things, a brand new era of Aliya, and I could not be anymore excited! Although it has taken me a while I believe that a new day has finally arrived and I've taken my place in it. As I settle into the second semester of my junior year, I'm eager to see the change that will take place and the goals that I've set come to fruition. These goals involve a little bit of everything including school and my future which will both undoubtedly be a process, but I'm willing to put in the time and effort it will take to allow them to take place. This blog is just the beginning; I'm eager to start posting regularly on my daily personal style, beauty bits, and just my life in general. Welcome to a novice blogger's world! 

Verse of the Day: Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come. The old has gone, the new is here! (2 Corinthians 5:17)



 This outfit exudes my ideal uniform during the colder months. Colorful tights, sweet dresses, and  chunky knits become the backbone of my wardrobe. I don't tend to layer very often, but I thought that pairing my black/white sweater with this lacy dress was the perfect combination of my winter staples. The boots are essential gear, obvio. Ain't nobody got time for cold toes!
I decided to go for a minimal makeup look. I dusted my cheeks with my favorite blush, Taj Mahal from Nar's line of excellent makeup products and filled in my lips with Double Espresso from Milani. 
The hair was pretty unplanned, which it quite characteristic of my hair routine. I just let it do whatever it wants. 


Jacket from H&M, Sweater by Aeropostle, Dress from Rue 21, Tights from Ross, Shoes from Target, Purse was thrifted. 






















No comments:

Post a Comment